Court Appointed Community Service
If you've been assigned community service hours through a Teen, County, or Municipal court, we appreciate your choice of Frisco Family Services Frisco Resale as a site to complete your court-appointed community service. We cannot accommodate community service applicants with a felony, theft, or assault charges. Additionally, we cannot accommodate court-ordered assignments from Collin or Denton County courts other than Municipal or Teen.
To Get Started:
Download: Court-Appointed Volunteer Application & Background Check
- Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must also sign up as a volunteer with Frisco Family Services.
- Applicants under the age of 18 do not require a background check but must show a copy of their court paperwork, and have a parent or guardian sign the Parental Consent Form.
- All applicants eighteen and over must follow the criminal background check procedures:
Criminal Background Check Procedures:
Frisco Family Services is committed to the safety of our staff, volunteers, clients, and customers. Therefore, Frisco Family Services conducts annual criminal background checks.
- Complete the Background Check Form in ink.
- Supply a $10.00 fee required for the background check. It must be in the form of a money order or cashier's check only, payable to Frisco Family Services. Payment must be received prior to running the background check. The fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee approval.
Return the completed Court-Appointed Volunteer Application – along with the Background Check Form and fee (if 18 or over) – in person to a Frisco Resale Store Manager. At this time, you will need to review and sign our Resale Store Volunteer Guidelines. Once you have been approved, you will be contacted by phone and email.
Community service requires a minimum 2-hour commitment, per shift. With a 3-day advance notice, a verification letter for the court showing the total hours worked will be provided upon request,
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 972-335-9495, option 2. We look forward to working with you soon!